Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween...again whats with the carbs?

Our Halloween was really fun this year. We had a week full of fun.
The Monday before Halloween my brother Sean and his wife Carrie had a Halloween party for family home evening. We ate chili and the kids played fun halloween games and decorated cookies.
Tuesday night we went to Matt's parents house and had dinner and carved pumpkins... well Dave, Kenneth, and I carved pumpkins while everyone else sat and cheered us on and talked. The kids played and decorated cookies.
Friday I took Mable to Makaylee's school for her Halloween party which was really fun. I almost started crying during the party because it hit me how appreciative I am that my children have such great people that take such good care of them while Matt and I work.
After the Halloween party I took the girls to visit Daddy at work so his co-workers could see the kids in their costumes and see how cute they are. Then we headed to my sister Carolyn's work to trick or treat around the office and get their pictures taken. Mable had about all she could take and was her usual grump while trying to get her picture taken. So what did I do... I handed her a bag of pretzels. I tell ya, this girl is so like me, carbs make her smile. Here are pictures of our cute girls in their costumes.









On actually Halloween, we went to Matt's parents house and had Chili, bread, cookies, and a lot of Aunt Shauna's yummy carmel popcorn. mmm... I wish I had some right now.
Then we headed out and the kids went trick or treating around the neighborhood. We had a lot of fun. I am really starting to love this holiday. I am really excited for the holidays coming... except the closer they get the closer my 30th birthday gets and I am not sure how I feel about that.





3 comments:

Heather said...

Yey! Another update and cute pictures! I love you guys and can't wait to see you soon!

Andrea said...

I love those carb stories!! A girl after my own heart...

Keep the posts coming!

The Hokanson Family said...

What cuties! I love their costumes! ...We had heard about that runner that got hit just minutes after it happened...so sad. I can't believe he is related to your friend. It's so horrible it had to happen. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the upcoming holidays. We need to exchange Christmas cards, so send me an email with your address in it. hollyannhoke@hotmail.com